[TenTec] Corsair I refurb project

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair I refurb project
From: Bill Acito <w1pa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 10:27:19 -0400
Must be Corsair week.  :-)

I have  a new-to-me Corsair I -- my winter refurb project. Good receive
(mostly), good condition,  two primary issues:

1.
 No RX 160 and 80: freq counter bounces around on  0.180 to 0.190 Mhz on
 these bands. I assume I should be looking at the wafer switches and
oscillators? All other bands are fine on RX.

2. No power out on
TX -- zero.  Scope says I have good output from the low-level driver. Do
 the finals fail open? Do they both go together? Any easy way to check
if it's the drivers or the actual finals in the PA module?  I also read
that there was a common T/R diode fail that impacted ALC? What were the
symptoms of this fail?

Bill W1PA