Re: [TenTec] Corsair I refurb project

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair I refurb project
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:28:51 -0400
Bill,

I have a few across my service bench. The failure on both of my unit have been
the crystals not oscillating. A tweak on the capacitors got one to work, the
other one seemed to have a flaky socket as it would intermittently start and
stop.

First place to look is the low level driver going into the PA box. There’s a
coax cable with a RCA cable  that goes into the PA.

I made a test cable, that I can plug the driver into a load and measure power.
You’ll need to see about a watt or so at the output of that cable. If there is
no power there, there’s nothing for the high level drivers and power
transistors to amplify.

You can monitor PA current too, if it’s high and no RF, shorted driver or PA
transistors.

Let us know what you make out

MIke, WB8VGE

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE