Re: [TenTec] Alternative Eagle Form Factor was Re: Status

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alternative Eagle Form Factor was Re: Status
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:26:16 +0100
I liked your ideas but on the two suggestions where you said you are
probably in a minority, I'm sure you are.
I don't expect those to happen.

One BIG hiccup in the operations of the Eagle is, the FUNC button is on the
left of the VFO knob, but most of the things I want to use with it are on
the right, so I'm moving my hand back and forth past the VFO knob and
sometimes hit it.  The FUNC button needs to be near the other buttons you
use with it.

Personally, I love to watch meters but I guess the days of meters are long
gone.
Seems we're only going to get bar graphs, but they could make it larger for
us (by a factor of 5).

I'm a bit worried about the encoders used on the front panel.
Seems to be a lot of trouble with these.
I wish they would use a higher quality component here, even if it raises the
cost a bit.

The buttons for controlling SPLIT need to be more intuitive.
The SPLIT indicator needs to be more noticeable.  Actually it needs to stand
out like a sore thumb.

The VFO knob could be a little larger.
Nothing should be located so close to the VFO knob that you can accidently
hit (jar) the VFO when hitting the button or turning the knob.  Exception:
dedicated LOCK button.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)