Re: [TenTec] Pimp My Eagle -outdoor safety for antenna work

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pimp My Eagle -outdoor safety for antenna work
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 14:09:04 -0600
"12 mph?" Back in the 1970s I worked as an operating/maintenance engineer at a
TV transmitter site in NW AR. A "tower ape" came out to do some work (tower
lights if I remember correctly.) There was a fair breeze at ground level when
he went up the tower. It wasn't too long before he was back down. He told me
that when he got to where he needed to be he went to put a glove on and let
it get away from him. He said that as far as he could still see it the glove
was sailing horizontally and hadn't dropped any. That was enough for him to
call off the project. He estimated the wind up there at _80 MPH_ if I
remember what he said correctly. He can have that job, I don't want it....

73, Al