Re: [TenTec] Oll & Digital Modes

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oll & Digital Modes
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 14:06:30 -0400
Andy,

Here is a link for FLDIGI. https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:windows/?q=fldigi You have to pick the download for Windoze. You know that I use a small speaker and mike into my computers' soundcard which works very well and use VOX to key the my ORION-II. I assume that the Auxiliary mike input will also work on the VOX but I am not sure. One important thing for setting the VOX parameters, is that when you press the menu button then the VOX button you have the three options. I discovered (ask me how I found out) that the VOX level is the most sensitive at a low % level. Contrary to my way of thinking increasing the % level will DECREASE the VOX sensitivity. Here are my settings (for the Mike input).

VOX Trip Level:  1%
Anti-Vox Level    20%
Vox Hang              0.40 seconds.

Hope that helps.