Re: [TenTec] Oll & Digital Modes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oll & Digital Modes
From: P C Andy Anderson <xtraham58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:29:30 +0000
Howdy, Tnx Tony for the info and numbers.

Maybe we can hook up on PSK. We do not have to wait for the net.

Andy, W3LI

Hi to MRS MXT

Andy,

Here is a link for FLDIGI.
https://sourceforge.net/directory/os:windows/?q=fldigi  You have to pick the
download for Windoze.  You know that I use a small speaker and mike into my
computers' soundcard which works very well and use VOX to key the my
ORION-II.  I assume that the Auxiliary mike input will also work on the VOX
but I am not sure.
One important thing  for setting the VOX parameters, is that when you press
the menu button then the VOX button you have the three options.  I
discovered (ask me how I found out) that the VOX level is the most sensitive
at a low % level.  Contrary to my way of thinking increasing the % level
will DECREASE the VOX sensitivity.  Here are my settings (for the Mike
input).

VOX Trip Level:  1%
Anti-Vox Level    20%
Vox Hang              0.40 seconds.