Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:33:34 -0500 (CDT)
 I don't get it.  What's the big deal about roundabouts?

PennDOT made a big fuss about taking one out, at the end of one of the bridges,
a few years back.  IMHO, it made navigating the traffic pattern much harder,
especially during rush hour or after sporting events.

Boy, you'd think they were installing one in front of Ten Tec HQ or
something...

73

On 04/26/16, Carter Grabarczyk wrote:

On 4/25/2016 5:35 PM, Gary J FollettDukes HiFi wrote

 >Believe it or not, there are even folks here who rant about an
occasional roundabout on the roadways, when they are the very most
efficient way to move traffic, far better than our old stand by, the 4
way stop sign, whose only purpose is >to impede traffic flow equally in
all directions.

Well then, I guess you have to count me as one of the Luddites that fear
and detest the roadway roundabouts.

The best analogy I can come up with is that they are the first cousins
to the Figure-8 races and Demolition Derby at the local dirt track.
Around here, you take your life in your hands every time you use one.

73,
Carter K8VT