Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come On Guys
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:53:40 -0700
On Tue,4/26/2016 9:33 AM, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
I don't get it.  What's the big deal about roundabouts?

I first encountered them as a tourist in EU. Once you understand how they work, they are quite easy to navigate (Except in the UK, where those crazy people drive on the wrong side of the road.) :) and can greatly improve traffic flow. Their only downside is that they take up more real estate, which makes it difficult or impossible to add them to existing intersections in developed cities and towns.

In general, they are FAR superior to a red-yellow-green traffic light or multiple stop signs at busy intersections. Here in Santa Cruz, a roundabout built a few years ago turned that intersection from block-long backups to smooth flow limited only by adjacent red-green lights on the roads entering and leaving the roundabout.

73, Jim K9YC