Re: [TenTec] Some advice, please

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Some advice, please
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 22:21:37 +0200
But BEFORE you jump directly into transistorized radios, consider
highlighting SBE (Sideband Engineers).
They brought out the first hybrid transceiver which used transistors for
everything except the driver and final tubes.

Their first model was the SB-33 (80/40/20/15m) followed by the SB-34.

The hybrids were a giant step away from tubes, relying on tubes only for the
higher power stages.
THEN came the 505/405 combination.

You should also consider trends other than technology.

For instance Collins introduced the concept that our separate receivers and
transmitters could mate together as a transceiver.  This was followed by
Drake and Heathkit.

For instance Signal One (1969) launched the era of the non-plus ultra
mega-bucks transceivers.
The CX7 was quite a amazing transceiver for its time.  Others followed, with
Yaesu's "FT-One" being the first to follow.

IMO Jim, you are trying to eat an elephant in a single bite.
I don't envy you.
Unless you are retired and take this on as a full time job, you will
struggle to succeed at that.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)