Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 12:26:51 +0200
What are you implying, Paul?

I fully agree with Jim for stating known facts, not opinions.

These dirty transmitters have been reported on often; just read arrl lab
report measurements and check where the 7600 is.
They won't write in words; don't want to kill advertising dollars.

Many radios including the 7600 have a TX dynamic range that is 20dB worse
than their RX dynamic range.  There is no excuse for that. It's just sloppy
engineering.  PERIOD.

And I agree that the TS-590SG is the best bang for the buck.
The TX is a little cleaner than its predecessor.

ICOM has taken a bold step in the right direction and I applaud them for
that, but they need to finish the job (fix the software bug), and people
need to read and understand what ICOM marketing says:  it is an entry level
radio into the direct sampling market.  You can't expect entry level radios
to perform at the same level as radios costing twice as much.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)