Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:44:11 -0700
Clarifying -- it is a FACT that the ICOM 7600 produces nasty key clicks -- that was documented by ARRL Lab tests. Only Yaesu rigs were dirtier. There's a carefully tabulated summary of those results on my website. Their data, not mine. k9yc.com/TXNoise.pdf

It is also a FACT that the Kenwood TS590 radio is a lot cleaner. It is my OPINION that it is a real bargain, based on ARRL tests and on comments from some users whose judgement I trust. One is N0AX, an excellent operator and editor of the ARRL Handbook and ARRL Antenna Book. It's also my OPINION that a used Orion II or K3 is a real bargain. :)

73, Jim K9YC