Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 08:03:53 +0200
YES!  Too bad the EAGLE isn't twice as big with a much larger screen and proper
S-Meter.

In all of this technical discussion, we seem to forget "THE" single most
important point for selecting a radio . . . according to Rob Sherwood.  And
it's not Dynamic Range 3!

According to Rob, the single most important criteria is, "we have to enjoy
operating the radio."
I have used a lot of really good radios that I simply did not like.
Ergonomics is a big part of it.

IMO, this is one of the reasons so many people are reluctant to move on to
newer technology.

One of our biggest problems is, technology, especially direct sampling, has
enabled us to build outstanding radios into tiny little boxes, AND, it is
difficult to convince any OEM that they should still put that radio into a
large box with large display.  How about a large front-facing loud speaker?

I'm tired of having to squint my eyes to read the labels on Buttons or the
S-Meter on my Eagle.
Give me a large box with a huge heat-sink on the back and a large boxer fan
running at half speed or less to cool it. It will be inaudible.

Anyway, perhaps this is part of the dissatisfaction of the 7300.
Perhaps those trading it back in previously had much larger boxes and were
simply uncomfortable with the small size of the 7300.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)