Re: [TenTec] Entry level

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Entry level
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:03:54 -0700
On Wed,8/17/2016 9:38 AM, Mike Pagel wrote:
"Entry level" here was an Ameco AC-1T and Knight Kit Star Roamer - that setup gave me lots of incentive to save paper route money for a used HQ-170A and DX-60!

Mine was a Hallicrafters S-38D and a BC459 (40M Command set transmitter). First upgrade was a second Command set, this one an ARC-5, that my dad bought on "radio row" in lower Manhattan (demolished to build the World Trade Center) and brought home to WV. I think he paid $15 for it. Next upgrade was a BC348 receiver.

Several years later, I built a Heathkit Apache transmitter and bought a used HQ129X, using the savings from several years of a summer job as official scorer for Babe Ruth league games (for boys older than Little League).

73, Jim K9YC