Re: [TenTec] Entry level

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Entry level
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:06:34 -0700
On Wed,8/17/2016 12:03 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
Wow, the Apache was my dream transmitter back then, you lucky dog you!

What was even luckier was that a local TV announcer had a Tech license and had been studying for years for his General, had bought an SX-101 but couldn't pass the code test. So after years of trying, he loaned that SX-101 to me! I was a high school senior. I moved away after my college years, so I don't know if he ever passed it. Nice guy, Dean Sturm, K8CYW.

BTW -- that first BC459 was given to me by another local ham, Andy Spangler, W8IEQ, along with a power supply that he had built for it.

73, Jim K9YC