Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 13:01:57 -0700
On Tue,9/13/2016 12:42 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
One of our teams flew out to Tobago once for CQWW.
A couple days later I got a call asking to borrow one of my noise cancelors
(I had several).
One team member had not left Munich yet so he hand-carried the ANC-4 with
him.
It absolutely saved the day on 160m.

But it would also have made your signal VERY wide if used on CW. That is NOT acceptable behavior, no matter what the cause, which is why I stopped using it except in an RX antenna loop (like in the K3, and in the mods you do to your rigs). Just as an unmodified FT1000MP is unacceptable on CW, so is the ANC-4 using carrier detect switching.

73, Jim K9YC