Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Source for Binaural Receiver
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 11:29:22 -0800
On Tue,1/3/2017 10:49 AM, Steve Ellington wrote:
You can get some effect by simply reversing the leads on one side of your
headset.

Not true. The signal processing described for what these folks are calling "binaural receive" is somewhat complex, far more than a polarity reversal of one channel. Since I own radios with this process built-in, I'm going to try it out the next time I'm in crowded band conditions. I suspect that I might like it! :)

73, Jim K9YC