Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ 100 hz off exactly on readout

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ 100 hz off exactly on readout
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 13:20:25 -1000
The 10 Mhz reference oscillator (the TCXO you just replaced) and the BFO
both have to be set correctly. There are several BFO adjustments and some
of them interact with each other. So you may have to do several iterations
to get the BFO correct on all possible frequencies. I do not have a manual
in  front of me, so I cannot remember how many different BFO freqs there
are to adjust. USB TX & RX, LSB TX, RX & CW RX, CW TX, FSK MARK, FSK SPACE.
Something like that. If you don't have both the 10 MHz TCXO and the BFO
right, the readout will not be right.

DE N6KB

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:04 AM, John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com