Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 2
From: ROLAND HOWELL via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 12:05:26 +0000 (UTC)
Hi SteveBeen taking some voltage measurements on IF/AF Board this morning, boy
are they weird.Q's 4-6 all show 11+ volts on the collectors when on RX not
changing when in TXQ7 has 0 volts on collector in RX, should be 8.5v, in TX is
correct at 0 volts, base is fine on both TX/RX, emitter has 11.58 volts on RX,
should be 0 and 0 volts on TX.Have ordered Q,s 5 and 6, fitted Q4.with drive
control fully CCW I am still getting 20watts rf out in the tune position, I am
assuming that is normal as it enables the op to tune radio to antenna.Forgive
all the questions please mate, I am only an ex rock ape ( RAF Regiment) trying
to improve my knowledge.regards73Snowy