TopBand: VK9W

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK9W
From: jhenders@zianet.com (Jim Henderson)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:40:10 +0000
Most Estemed Reflectees:

        I submit that I may have been in error regarding the Original Black
Hole here in NM; last night I stood faithful watch from 0800Z to 0900Z for
the expected sunset VK9 greyline, and went back to bed with only more
hearing loss to show for it. This mornings postings showing activity (at
long last) from these guys commencing at 0900Z, just at I gave up, indicate
the root problem may indeed more fate than flux.

        Still, it would be nice to know the ops at VK9W were a bit more
predictable in topband operation, now that they have saturated the rest of
the bands and modes. (here got them on SSB: 80/40/20/15/12/10, CW:
80/40/30/20/17/15/10, RTTY 20/15...just no 160!)

        But I have a plan! I spoke with Tree's treasonous cat (Tree is still
on the coast and blissfully unaware of the conspiracy), and in exchange for
certain diet improvements, will transfer my bad luck to his master for the
rest of the season...

73 de Jim, KF7E

Jim Henderson

jhenders@zianet.com