RE: Topband: Critters Eating Coax

To: <K1ZM@aol.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Critters Eating Coax
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:30:12 -0700
Jeff:

At least one of the wire and cable vendors selling to the ham community
claims that polyethylene jackets are less attractive to critters than PVC
jackets. I bought and installed some polyethylene-jacket coax when I found
one of my longer lines gnawed--I live in a redwood forest with lots of
critters--and that line has not been gnawed. Not exactly a controlled
study--but it's the best I can do on short notice.

Garry, NI6T