RE: Topband: radial layout and pattern skew

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: radial layout and pattern skew
From: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:40:10 -0000
EZNEC 3 is not capable of doing the necessary ground model mathematics
to adequately model your antenna.   EZNEC Pro/4 shows much less variation
than you are showing.  If the woods are dense, can't you just thread them
through and lay them as near to the ground as possible?  My modeling shows
very little detriment (none really) over poor - moderate ground of having
them 0.0004 of a wavelength above the ground!

Bob
N4HY