Topband: C52

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: C52
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:28:29 -1000
I am using a temporary Inv L antenna until I get the vertical
back in place,  have been on top band a few times to play
with the Inv L.   I am using no radials just the ground system
around the house which is 4 inch copper strap which in
turn is connected to radials but I am on the edge of the
radial field so they are not doing much,
Lat nite C52 had a decent signal for at least an hour or more,
I finally gave up and shut down the rig.  Just wanted to know
if they hear as bad as it seems, I only heard them work a
few stations in that hour, and many were calling,  they were
peaking here 579 at my sunset, so would have though at least
w6 and w7 would have been getting through.
In short are they a little deaf?  Seems they hear well on 80
and 40.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6