Re: Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'

To: "Jose E. Ribeiro Sa" <zemurtosa@mail.telepac.pt>
Subject: Re: Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 13:33:33 -0400
start your DXCC over again. Personally, I think that was too restrictive but
removing
the limit entirely is worse! Conditions from the US east coast favor EU and AF
while
from the west coast favor the Pacific area. Some fortunate people have lived on
both
coasts and consequently have been able to run up big totals on the low bands.

The ARRL has stopped writing rules it cannot enforce. Virtually anything goes
today.
It is even possible to be on the Honor Roll without making a single contact
yourself.
Clinton DeSoto is spinning in his grave!

I pay little attention to the big totals I see posted. After all, I don't know
if they were
made honestly or not. When I look in the mirror, I KNOW how my totals were
achieved
and that's what REALLY counts!

73, Roger

On 10/7/2011 10:29 AM, Jose E. Ribeiro Sa wrote:
> I'm with you on this one Thor, internet gateways should be banned from DX,
> even if they are located in the same DXCC Entity, even in this small country
> propagation is diferent from north to south, but imagine you are in New-York
> and working a remote station in California, it is good for DXCC but its no
> fairplay at all, the same as working a repeater. It should not be allowed.
>
> I'm quite happy of waking up everyday at 6 o'clock in the morning local time
> and try to listen for T32C in Topband, no luck for a QSO so far, neither for
> our topband "guru" Markku CT1FJK, but happy to be using the good
> oldfashioned way, a radio, antenna and 1.5 Kilowatt, Hi!
>
> 73  Jose  CT1EEB

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK