Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Web SDR's and 'Cheating'
From: "Panos Dalakos" <pdala@tee.gr>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 00:52:08 +0300
Hello all

For my opinion ham radio is a hobby, and my personal goal is to improve
my skill to achieve DX contacts. The rules of the game are known for
every one. All of us are volunteers on that game.

Many people have the religion that DXCC Honor Roll is the key to open
the doors of glory. In the world of winners and losers the way for
"sweet smell of success" is driven with various "tips and tricks". Pure
superstition!

Of course the evil is not the SDR technology either the web. The web
controlled receivers maybe is a useful tool for a ham to check what the
other side listen. But some delay is necessary to stop the bad use.

Some people too make theirs QSOs with "a little help from some friends".
Some people send CW many times, maybe listen(?) their callsign from the
other side, and then send direct QSL card with some "special" donation
too!

I disagree absolutely. For that reason I decided to not send any
application for DXCC Award. My personal success is on my logbook and is
valuable only for me. A useful tool is the LOTW too. In my country a few
hams interested for DXing, and fewers for contesting. For that reason I
am "pleased" to have some awards on contesting deep on my files (not on
the walls) but all with ...minimal score. My equipment and time is
minimal too. I am pleased and hope making better on the future. For my
pleasure only!

Let's have some fun, we have a beautiful hobby and the life is too sort
for lies! And none can lie themselves!

73 Panos Dalakos, SV1GRD

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK