Re: Topband: Shared Apex Loop Array

To: Carl Luetzelschwab <carlluetzelschwab@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shared Apex Loop Array
From: bruce whitney <zuceman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:26:19 -0800 (PST)
Carl,
I have used 4 bi-direction 760 foot Beverages for 5 years or so here in
Michigan.
I put up the AS SAL-30 a month ago and my experience with the has been very
favorable.
I can't do a direct A to B with the Beverages right now so I must reserve
making any bold statements about the comparative performance as yet, but it
definitely beats a full size 4-Square on 80M.

Modeling indicates that if single band (160M only) performance is desired - it
can be optimized even further from the broadband 'tuning' I am using at present.
 Bruce W8RA