Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: "Bill Stewart" <cwopr@embarqmail.com>, "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:19:44 -0500
We have about 3-4 in. of snow on the gnd, and just started to
sleet, and maybe some rain, abt an hr ago. We are in the country

I have about a half inch of radial ice at the moment. The ropes for almost all of my wire antennas have snapped, and the Yagi's all look like noodles. It smells like Pinesol disinfectant outside from all the broken pine trees.

I'm not sure what is going to happen here. It is still raining and still at 31F here.

We were predicted to be in the worse spot, but it looks like the worse ice spot in Georgia has moved to along the I-20 corridor out to Augusta. I expect antennas in southern SC won't do so well.