Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "Bill Stewart" <cwopr@embarqmail.com>, "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Yikes! Heavy snow, freezing fog and 23 degrees F in Raleigh, NC
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:40:29 -0500
Hope for cloudy days after the ice build up. Towers often fail when the sun heats the south guy wires. When the ice drops off rapidly, the weight on the north guy wires can pull the tower over.

73
Bruce-k1fz

We have about 3-4 in. of snow on the gnd, and just started to
sleet, and maybe some rain, abt an hr ago. We are in the country

I have about a half inch of radial ice at the moment. The ropes for almost all of my wire antennas have snapped, and the Yagi's all look like noodles.