Re: Topband: Grounds

To: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Grounds
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 19:15:22 -0500
ON4UN and others suggest 15 meters I believe. Ive used 25-30' here and it does well with 5 2 wire Beverages with their ends and antenna grounds also spaced from each other by at least 30' and a few at 150-300'.

With high attenuation common mode chokes on everything I can get away with RG-6 feeds tacked to trees at 6' high to the relay box and then 750' of 1/2" CATV hardline on the ground almost to the house. Where it has to cross the lawn for about 60' I added another ground rod and then elevated RG-6 into the house where there is another ground rod and ferrite choke. I made a direct buy right from Fair-Rite with my business account and met their minimum order

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>