Re: Topband: Grounds

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Grounds
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 21:52:26 -0600
Yes, that's right, Carl. No close neighbors, radio stations, etc. But this
house is a prolific generator of RFI, and I have been getting power line
noise lately.

I'm not saying that there's not a case for suppressing common mode as you
and others suggest.

I do have a problem here lately with RFI from an electronic fluorescent
ballast on 160 (10 feet from where I operate the radio), and I'm not sure
how it's getting into my NE Beverage. Big #43 beads on the ballast leads
didn't fix it. But that's another story.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com