Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions
From: "Joe K2UF" <joe@k2uf.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:09:38 -0400
I use 3/16 dacron rope to haul my wire antennas to the top of my tower.  I
don't use pulleys because the real good ones are very expensive.  I have a
piece of 1-1/2 fiberglass pipe sticking out from the tower about 2-3 feet.
I have a stainless steel eyebolt near the end of the pipe and one near the
tower.  I use the Dacron rope through the eyebolts.  I have used this set up
for several years and the rope shows no sign of wear.  I have a homebrew
contraption at the end of the fiberglass pipe that supports the wire antenna
when it is in use so the rope does not have to support the weight of the
center insulator, choke and 75 feet of feed line.  Dacron is great stuff.  I
am sure some of the engineers out there will say the eyebolt method is bad
design, but it works!!

73  Joe K2UF