Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Frank Davis <fdavis@nfld.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:23:46 -0600
This rule --while a good idea with the best of intentions-- was almost
certainly intended to help prevent cheating by using a remote receiver FAR
from a contest station's QTH. Much farther than 100 miles. And owned by
someone else.

So, how could using one's own, private remote receiving setup like this be
labeled cheating? I have an underground LAN cable that extends out to a
point where I very well might erect an RX-only antenna someday. If I decide
to use that in such a way that it uses a VPN (for example) over the
Internet in lieu of coax, does that disqualify me? I think not.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com