Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Niko Cimbur via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:49:03 -0800
K2AV wrote:

>When I send in a checklog, that does not invalidate QSOs where other
>stations were working me. They get credit. If I checklog, I'm just saying
>that *I* am not submitting a log to put *my* call into the competition.

The opinion about the NF multiplier not counting was first brought up by VO1HP
in his message:

>The CQWW 160 CW rules say NO remote receiver setups allowed  so I  will submit
>my log  as a checklog only.  Too bad because I think i was the only VO1 on the
>band giving out the NF mult.

In my interpretation of the rules if an operation is not permitted, sending in
a check log by that station would not make it count.
Just like someone operating from an entity without a permit and giving out a
multiplier.  In example I drive to C31 where CEPT does not apply, I work the
contest and send in a check log.  Would that count as a C31 multiplier?

Niko AC6DD