Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 08:06:26 -0500
Calling out of turn not only is one of the least damaging things and most common things someone might do. As a matter of fact, assuming the DX stations has a reasonable bandwidth CW filter, out of turn calling is thousands of times less disruptive to others than transmitting on the DX station's frequency, or spreading a pile up over 15-20 kHz.

I doubt making a whipping boy out of someone in public will have any effect on the other 250,000 people who have done it at least once.

A simple email direct to the person would have been more reasonable than a public two day flogging.

Are we getting cranking and set in our ways, or what? :)

73 Tom