Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers

To: "Milt -- N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 09:58:01 -0500
Hi Guys,

We're all flogging a dead horse here---enough already.

People do make mistakes---did anyone not read Jon's (AA1K) "...confessional"
here earlier?---s**t happens. Get over it.

I really am amazed at the "herd mentality" displayed by people, assembling to
viciously & ceaselessly attack any one individual for a perceived "faux pas":
years ago I was afflicted with a dilemma that I was really & truly wrestling to
understand, and to correct---KEY CLICKS, to be exact...

I endured countless anonymous transmissions of "KLIX" directed my way at the
end of my transmissions, and the gang had a gay ol' time lambasting me on the
chat room over my perceived selfishness, and insolence...and all this, DESPITE
my repeated please for guidance / help / advice / ANYTHING as to how I might
correct my situation, and in so doing not be a continued nuisance to others on
160...

But just how many of the resident self-styled experts and gurus stepped forward
to assist me...? NONE. Only ONE GUY kindly stepped forward to critically assess
my keying, and to give me his experienced assessments---ONE. And he was hardly
one of the "usual" blow-hard, opinionated members of the crowd. In fact, far
from it.

So if I have a personal bone to pick in all this melee, so be it. I will admit
that I was probably one of the first to jump on top of "the accused"
yesterday---but in light of other information that I learned of later, I
apologized to the individual, and he graciously accepted it.

So again, enough is enough: we ALL are capable of making mistakes, either
through some fault of our own, or by the "direction" of others---but remember,
this IS supposed to be, after all, "The Gentleman's Band," and gentlemen aren't
supposed to harbour grudges.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ