Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Out-of-Turn Callers
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:49:53 -0400
Well said Tom. Also it was doubtful there was actually a significant JA opening to K1N. IMHO the buzz of JA activity could have occurred by a remote JA station heard in the Midwest at 599 plus 10db who apparently got in the log, but not from Japan. But other observers heard JA's calling but it was also obvious there was no opening to speak of. George AA7JV was not on the island yet due to bad sea conditions. He was chosen as the weak signal guru and made careful planning to even put up SW Beverages to bring in JA's if that wonderful skew path exists like it did for me last month. With the TX antenna, an inverted Vee at 160 feet ABG this was most likely the RX antenna as well. I believe that anyone having difficulties will see improvements when the better RX are in place. I would add that if Geroge (AA7JV) can't do it it would seem hard pressed to find someone who could. K1N had a very good early TB opening to Europe last night and at least 60 got in the log, probably more as I stopped counting. The EU S/R was a different story. The good news is that everyone will have multiple chances of working KP1 on TB. The bad news is that the public flogging had to take place out of one brother amateur for a common occurrence. Now what happens if he is the TB operator from PRNK when they open up? You better hope he hasn't kept a list of all those that "doth protest to much."

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ