Re: Topband: HVDC

To: Ws9v <ws9v@royell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: HVDC
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:27:10 -0600
I know this is about a long DC line, but I thought I would add something:
All the experiences I have ever read by hams living near HV AC transmission
lines carrying (for example) 69 kV or more seem to indicate that RFI seldom
is radiated from them.

Instead, it's the local lines on wood poles --built and maintained by your
local power company, that carry 6 to 8 kV-- that cause the vast majority of
RFI problems.

That sounds almost too good to be true, doesn't it? Somewhere, I'm sure
that at least SOME unfortunate hams are having a miserable time living near
those high lines. I wouldn't want to live near one!

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com