Topband: Atlantic Basin Scoring

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Topband: Atlantic Basin Scoring
From: Tod <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:38:48 -0700
Jim:

You certainly pick the interesting dragons( windmills) Don Quixote .

Once upon a time when I was the editor of NCJ I had the temerity to suggest we
should explore an alternative to the, then current scoring,  to reduce the
Atlantic Basin advantage. Got a lot of responses. The kindest ( and most
perceptive ) suggested I should move my QTH if the scoring was an issue for me.

I have reflected on that in later years and come to agree with that assessment.
Simple rules seem to work best. There are some folks who do change jobs and
venues with an eye toward a better Contest QTH. Most of the rest of us have
made peace with 'life as it is' .

I have to admit Jim, I am really envious of your 100 foot plus Redwoods
available for dipole hanging. I don't think I will be moving to CA anytime
soon, however.

Good luck on your quest for the "impossible dream" and say Hi to Sancho Panza
when next you see him.

Best 73,
Tod, K0TO

Sent from my iPhone 6