Re: Topband: Brave New World

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Brave New World
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:10:38 -0800
On Wed,2/25/2015 1:05 PM, Eddy Swynar wrote:
The whole notion---to me, at any rate---compromises the very essence & the "...joie de
vivre!" of operating on 160-meters, don't you think...? And to imagine that one of the
"perpetrators" in all this is actually exuberant about his accomplishment...

I STRONGLY disagree. Exactly how is this different from those same operators driving several hours (of flying) to someone's super-station, like W3LPL, K3LR, W8JI, NQ4I, N0NI, W0AIH, WB9Z, K9CT, W7RN, N6RO, VE3EJ, K1TTT, KH6LC, KL7RA, and hundreds of others around the world, to do a multi-multi? The vast majority of the EU stations we work in contests are club stations.

Except for the guy who built the station, and maybe someone who helps to maintain it, they're all hired guns. As I see it, the internet simply saves those guys a lot of gas money.

73, Jim K9YC