Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???

To: topband@contesting.com, co8dm@frcuba.co.cu
Subject: Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???
From: Martin Kratoska <marcom@centrum.cz>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:31:02 +0200
Hi Douglas,

I am sorry to tell you that none of the relays you have is good for the front end saver. They are usual small signal relays but a reed relay should be used. The most important thing is not the capacitance (assumed that the front end saver is used on 160, 80 and possibly 40 m), but the switching times.

I would recommend to take part in a group buy. AFAIK David, G3WGN, organized a group buy/PCB fabrication of 80 units, possibly he may have rests for sale.

73,
Martin, OK1RR