Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???

Subject: Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:39:15 -0400
Tom -
 Maybe we should say "backwards T/R relay" when we mean the reverse, of
what we did with real T/R relays when I was a kid. All of my rigs used
120VAC outboard relay coils!

 FT-747 is indeed notorious for T/R timing issues, its semi-break-in so
severely truncating the leading element on CW like many rigs of its era,
such a great delay between key down and RF out that the ARRL reviewer
recommended against using the rigs semi-break-in and instead recommending
for manual T/R changeover.

Tim N3QE