Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???

Subject: Re: Topband: KD9SV-OK1RR relays ???
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:05:44 -0400
Doug -
  Your FT-747 only has one antenna input. It does not have a second
receiver. It doesn't even have a receive-only antenna input. You cannot
transmit and receive at same time. Why do you need a "front end saver"?

  If you are adding an outboard relay keyed from the amp control line of
the FT-747 to allow you to have separate transmit and receive antennas,
that's great. Any old relay with less than 10ms make/break time will work
fine there. You still don't need a "front end saver", because your rig
still cannot be hooked to both transmit and receive antenna at same time.

Tim N3QE