Re: Topband: Mag loop 400W if possible.

To: jonathan white <jonathan.white20@btinternet.com>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mag loop 400W if possible.
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:10:36 -0500

It does not take a lot of RF if conditions are right.  A few years ago I received a little 40 meters QRP transceiver for Christmas. Did not have a 40 meter antenna at the time.   listened on my Beverage antenna, and everything was working OK. just for the heck of it, called a European and he came right back 559.   I told him I was working QRP , the next transmission told him I was using a Beverage antenna and he signed off rapidly. 'Difficult to believe'

Loss is I squared R.   as the current is lowered then loss drops rapidly.

73
Bruce-k1fz

www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes.html