Re: Topband: Mag loop 400W if possible.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Mag loop 400W if possible.
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:16:30 -0500
Hi Jon,

There are a lot of reasons why you can't do it. But you will need a physically large loop for the little 1000pF cap. Start with 8 foot diameter and maybe up to twelve feet. My loops are round and a twelve foot loop probably won't fit between the floor and ceiling of your flat. Make it oval with the same length (not diameter) for the loop. You can use coaxial cable for a loop that you can roll up. Then you can stow, transport, and reassemble it.

Do you really want to be immersed in the near field from your 400 watt transmitter?

73,

Bill  KU8H