Re: Topband: re topband QRP

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: re topband QRP
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 16:34:29 -0500
On Fri,12/25/2015 12:24 PM, mstangelo@comcast.net wrote:
I operate QRP and normally give out that information as well as my power levels after the signal report.

As a QRP op myself, I urge you to NOT do that. If I had worked to dig a weak signal out of the noise, I would interpret ANYTHING after R or TU as telling me I had miscopied something, and you are repeating it.

NEVER send anything extra.

I agree 100% with Jim on this. The only thing sending /QRP or anything unnecessary does is make it take longer and make it more difficult.

I honestly think a good number of people will either just ignore a station signing nonsense or be confused by it.

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to dig out a callsign or complete a contact with unnecessary meaningless stuff tacked on.

73 Tom