Re: Topband: 160m beacons list update

To: JC <n4is@comcast.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m beacons list update
From: Petr Ourednik <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:33:24 +0100
Hi JC,

thanks. The YR2TOP beacon responsible is YO2LC se we should talk about
it to him.
If I understood well what he is doing to preserve the band a bit is that
his 100W
beacon is turned off during the big contests.

Yes, the frequency of the beacon as same as 100W out is an unhappy
choice I guess...

73 - Petr, OK1RP

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017, at 12:03 PM, JC wrote:
> Hi Petr
>
> I kind understand your request, however I would like to share my view,
> Beacon on 160m is really DQRM, like YO on 1810.5 running 100w. Several DX
> stations runs 100w and work thousands of QSO.s. Please how is responsible
> for the YO beacon, turn it off, please again.
>
> The MUF is always above 3 MHz!
>
> 160m is very narrow 50KHz for most countries.  Beacons on 160m just eat
> band
> and DQRM.
>
> My two cents,
>
> JC