Re: Topband: Modeling close to earth ( was Odd-ball question)

To: Artek Manuals <Manuals@artekmanuals.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Modeling close to earth ( was Odd-ball question)
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 13:37:00 -0500
Exactly! I have been told by *many* highly intelligent people that when
modeling any wires running horizontal near the ground, all bets are off, *no
matter what software is used. Not even the most expensive version of
NEC4. *That's
just a fact.

Maybe that'll change someday, but it's doubtful unless we can plug accurate
measurements of the near and far ground conductivity into the model. And
that's just beyond the reach of anyone.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com