[TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Ground Rods & Ohms
From: jcbrook@mindspring.com (Jamey Brookover)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:24:45 -0400
There has been a wealth of information in this thread about the theory
and practice of proper grounding procedures.  Getting back to basics for
a moment, how does a 6 foot tall person safely / properly / *easily*
manage to get an 8 foot ground rod into the ground in the first place?
The picture of someone standing on a step ladder swinging a 16 pound
sledge hammer is not a pretty sight.  Are any special tools available to
aid in this process, and how do the pros do this day in and day out?
When I lived in West Virginia I was once told a story about Appalachian
rock worms....  Please -- No limmericks!

Thanks --

Jay -- NT4D -- (ex WB8BMV)
jcbrook@mindspring.com