[TowerTalk] Re: Waterproofing Connections

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Waterproofing Connections
From: dick.green@valley.net ("Dick Green".)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:29:34 -0400
Just out of curiosity, what's the opinion on those rubber booties soled by
Cushcraft? Couldn't they be used instead of the inner layer of electrical
tape? For example, put the bootie over the connector, wrap the joint with
butyl rubber vapor wrap, then wrap with two layers of electrical tape. Any
comments (I have a bunch of those things on hand and wonder whether I should
use them or sell them)?

73, Dick, WC1M