[TowerTalk] Rohn 55, vs 65

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55, vs 65
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 16:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

        At N6IJ we are planning to erect two large towers, possibly 135 ft each,
and have partial financial support for acquisition of used, usable tower,
by the City of Marina, who owns the site.  I am doing long term looking
for used rohn 55 or 65, but would like to know  if I really NEED the 65.
We have one large beam, a KLM 56 ft boom 5 el 20, interlaced with the KLM
3 el 40.  Also, quite a few other medium monobanders, on 20, 15, and 10.
Another possible 3 el 40 could be made and put up.  We seem to
acumulate donations of antennas by very generous hams that visit the
site.   What kinds of limits
are there for 135 ft of Rohn 55, that would be more easily handled by the
rohn 65?  Will the 55 probably handle all our needs?  I do not anticipate
any 80 meter beam needs....

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station; N6IJ
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933

aa6eg@tmx.com