[TowerTalk] Rohn 55, vs 65

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55, vs 65
From: wa7fab@cdsnet.net (Van Sias)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:27:51 +0100
Since there is a rather significant difference in new price of 55 vs 65
I thought I would pass along my experience with Rohn 55.  On one of my
communication sites I have two hundred feet of 55 guyed at three
levels.  The top of couple of sections carry a six bay FM station
antenna and from there on down to the thirty foot level it is totally
loaded with antennas for all types of commercial users including another
three bay FM station antenna..  Its on a mountain top about sixty air
miles east of the Oregon coast,  subjected to strong winds and some
icing in the winter with never a problem.  I can't imagine needing
anything larger than 55 for any reasonable ham installation.  Provided
its guyed properly.  The Rohn tower brochure has all the specs and
guying information.  Good luck.  Van, K7VS